It’s been a crazy week!
Work has been extra busy lately. I’m working on a massive calculator that is replicating a complex excel document. It has been fun and frustrating at the same time (the best combo). I’m glad I was able to get some posts pre-scheduled before things got crazy.
Last week I completed 30 blog posts in 30 days challenge. I produced over 30,000 words in that time frame. I’ll continue to keep an eye on how my traffic is affected. But it looks like my bounce rate is going down and I am getting more traffic! I only suggest going this route for the super dedicated. I hope doing this early in the life of Money Stir will reap rewards.
Speaking of 30 days, I officially passed the 1-month mark for Money Stir!
I also hit the 100+ followers on Twitter, and people are engaging with me more often. I love seeing people’s posts and interacting with them.
Money Stir continues to evolve. These are the recent changes that are worth highlighting:
- I switched from Mailchimp to ConvertKit (affiliate link). ConvertKit is more expensive than MailChimp, but their system provides benefits for bloggers in particular. I especially love how simple it is to create sequenced emails. And their forms look amazing out of the box. I’m excited to use it more as I grow my email list.
- I added an email signup form under each post and updated the form on the home page.
- I added a Related Articles sections under each post.
- I’ve done a pretty good job waking up at 5 AM in the morning. Even when I go to bed late, I’m noticing my body auto wakes up at around 7 hours, which will make the transition from the weekend easier.
- I’m impressed with WPEngine. This is an affiliate link that will give you 20% off your first month! The site is always fast, and their admin tools are useful.
- This week I am starting my new content schedule:
- Mondays: Weekly Stir Update
- New blog posts on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
New Site Content
There is no Golden Egg: Avoid FOMO!
It is easy to get excited about get rich quick schemes. But that is not how most of us attain wealth. Learning to seize FOMO feelings when they crop up can save you money and heartache. There are less risky and beneficial options available to grow your money.
It’s all About the Effort Baby
Focusing on our goals, and pushing forward with as much grit as possible, is one of the best and smartest thing we can do. Don’t underestimate the power in the process. “The process of figuring out how to earn the money we have is more valuable than the money itself.”
Experiment: 30 Blog Posts in 30
Our budget continues to be on track! Nothing too exciting happened this week. Since we blew through most of our grocery budget early in the month, we are keeping a close eye on our food spending. But the good news is that we had a little extra leftover from our dining out money last month. We may need to tap into that to replenish our staples (milk, cereal, fruits, veggies, etc.).
Anticipation is building as we get closer to the end of the month, where we are hoping to pay off our last personal loan and be credit card debt free. Making that last, sweet payment is going to feel so good!